The application process can take from 6-12 weeks depending on whether you need to request transcripts from your university, and whether you need to take the GRE/GMAT or the TOEFL English language examination. Once we have all of your required application materials, an admissions decision will be made within 5 business days. We accept qualified students on a rolling basis until the class is filled.
Many students desire to approach their companies about sponsoring them for this program and we encourage you to go ahead and begin your application process during that time. Our open enrollment window is March 1 – November 1 so that students and their companies have time to gain acceptance to the program, and determine methods of payment several months before the semester begins in January 2014.
For Class 2015 beginning in Spring 2014:
- Complete the EMIL Candidate Information Form. This tells us some background information about your work history and helps us determine what the program can do for your career.
- EMIL-SCS Staff will contact you to discuss your interest in the program and explain the application process.
- Fill out and submit the Graduate Admissions ONLINE APPLICATION along with the $50 non-refundable application fee. You will also be asked for the contact email for your 3 letters of recommendation and they will be emailed a link to the online recommendation process.
- Please use the following key information when prompted to ensure that you apply to the correct program:
- planned enrollment term: Spring 2014
- planned enrollment status: Full-time
- planned campus: Atlanta
- planned degree objective: Masters
- degree program: International Logistics
- EMIL-SCS does not require a Statement of Purpose - so you may place N/A in this section
- Order all transcripts and degree documents and have them sent directly to the Graduate Admissions Office. See the Graduate Admissions website for details http://www.gradadmiss.gatech.edu/mailing_instructions.php#intl
International university attendee applicants please see details in above link for degree document specific requirements.
- Print and have your doctor fill out the following Health Forms and submit according to the directions. EMIL-SCS cannot accept these documents directly because of HIPAA Law. Please contact the EMIL-SCS Program Coordinator if you do not know your GT ID number.
- Order all GRE or GMAT scores from the testing service who administered the exam and have them sent directly to Georgia Tech Graduate Admissions (Institute Code: R5248, Dept Code: 00 ).
- If English is not your primary language, or you have not attended a university in the USA, UK, South Africa, or Australia for a period of at least 1 year, you must register for the TOEFL English language examination. Request TOEFL scores from the testing service who administered the exam to be sent directly to Georgia Tech Graduate Admissions (Institute Code: 5248, Dept. Code: 0205 ).
University TOEFL Requirements
Minimum score required:
- Submit a Letter of Sponsorship to the EMIL-SCS address above. Be sure to include contact information (name, address, phone, and email) of the person that your invoices will be sent to for billing. If your company is not sponsoring your tuition, please write a letter explaining that you will be self sponsored and indicate your personal funding methods (i.e. savings, financial aid, scholarships, etc.)
- EMIL-SCS Candidate Information Form
- Online Graduate Admissions Application with 3 recommendation contacts
- All transcripts from all US universities previously attended; Transcripts and degree documents (translated if needed) from foreign universities.
- Health Forms faxed to GT Health Center
- Letter of Sponsorship
- TOEFL Score (if international applicant)
- GRE or GMAT Score (unless waived by EMIL-SCS)
The fee for Georgia Tech EMIL Class 2014 is $69,500 paid in $13,900 installments each of the 5 semesters. The fees do not include the cost of a laptop, which is required for the program, or air travel. Each participant should also set aside approximately $1,000 to pay for other meals and miscellaneous personal trip expenses (i.e. phone calls, laundry, etc.).
EMIL Mailing Address:
School of Industrial & Systems Engineering
765 Ferst Drive
Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0205