Following a summary of the financial aid available to EMIL-SCS participants and
a description of the application process. For additional information and detailed
instructions, please review the website of Georgia
Tech’s Office of Student Financial Planning and Services.
If you have questions after reviewing the website, please contact the Georgia
Tech’s Graduate Financial Aid Officer, who is responsible for EMIL-SCS Financial
Assistant Director of Student Financial Services
Federal Stafford Loan Program
Available for United States citizens and permanent resident aliens seeking
financial assistance. Federal Stafford Loan program allows eligible students
to borrow up to $9,250.00 per semester in which the student is enrolled at
least half time (six or more credit hours.)
To apply for a Stafford Loan:
- Review Applying for Financial Aid/Renew at http://www.finaid.gatech.edu/apply/.
- Complete the Free Application for
Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is available on-line at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov,
or in hard copy at the financial aid offices at colleges and universities.
Please note that at this time of year multiple versions of the FAFSA are
available online. Please be sure to select the version of the from which
corresponds with your planned attendance. Georgia Tech’s Title IV Code
is 001569, which should be used when you file the FAFSA to direct your application
to Georgia Tech.
- Submit the Georgia Tech Application
for Financial Aid and Scholarships. Again, please note that at this
time there are multiple versions of the form online at The Georgia Tech Financial
Aid Application. Please be sure to complete the version of the form corresponding
to your planned terms of attendance.
- You must apply for financial aid
- GT Applications are due every summer for Fall and Spring Semesters
- There is a separate GT Application due for Summer Term
- FAFSA is filled out and submitted annually
- You may gain additional private funding outside the Stafford Loan Program in order to meet the total cost of the EMIL-SCS Program